28 August 2020
Important lead distribution statistics you must know in 2020
This is a complete list of up-to-date lead distribution statistics for 2020. You’ll find data about inbound leads, lead behavior, and industry success stats.
You are reading the Business Development, Services and Marketing (BDSM) Blog. Named to reflect the punishing amount of discipline required to master the core tenets of the industries we service, we blog about current affairs, industry tips, tech developments and more.
If you’re not using automated lead distribution software as part of your overarching inbound strategy, it’s time you do it.
This process is essential in matching leads to the right sales rep. This, in turn, provides a better customer experience as the assigned sales rep is more suited to deal with that lead of that particular profile.
And they drive amazing results!
But as we’ve said, lead distribution is not a process that exists in silos. It is part of a bigger inbound process that involves marketing as well.
So let us present you some inbound lead generation and lead distribution statistics to show you how important and powerful lead distribution software really are.
Table of contents:
- General inbound lead stats
- Inbound marketing stats
- Lead behavior stats
- Lead distribution software stats
- Lead distribution success stats (by industry)
Inbound lead generation statistics
1. Inbound leads cost 61% less than outbound leads. (Business2Community)
2. 34% of all leads generated by marketers come from inbound marketing. (Intechnic)
3. 59% of marketers say that inbound marketing produces higher quality leads for sales. (IronPaper)
4. 96% of visitors who come to your website aren’t ready to buy, (Marketo) and
5. 95% of qualified prospects on your website are only there to research and are not yet ready to talk with a sales rep. But as many as 70% will eventually buy from you or one of your competitors. (Brian Carroll)
Inbound marketing statistics
As we’ve mentioned above, your inbound marketing strategy is important in generating leads. Inbound methods can benefit your business greatly, and the stats below will tell you why.
6. 50% of marketers say inbound marketing strategies are their primary source of leads. (wpforms)
7. Inbound marketing generates 3X more leads per dollar. (Weidert)
8. 13% of marketers concede they don’t do inbound marketing, (Intechnic) while
9. 74% of marketers say that inbound marketing is the primary marketing approach.
10. 88% of B2B marketers use content marketing as a lead generation tactic. (Content Marketing Institute)
11. Website conversion rate is nearly 6X higher for content marketing adopters than non-adopters. (Intechnic)
12. 70% of people would prefer to learn about a company through content than through advertising. (Content Marketing Institute)
13. Inbound marketing can double the average website conversion rate from 6% to 12%. (Hubspot)
14. 53% of marketers say that inbound marketing gives their business a higher ROI. (Hubspot)
15. Marketers who prioritize blogging efforts are 13X more likely to see positive ROI. (Hubspot)
Lead behavior statistics
With changing consumer behavior, customers have higher demands that need to be met. For example, a study shows that 32% of customers who call a business are not willing to be put on hold.
Think about the number of leads you’re losing because you’re making them wait too long!
16. Customers prefer phone calls (62%), email (46%), and live chat (37%) over self-service (14%) or bots (13%). (Loyalty 360)
17. 47% of customers expect fast responses, (Loyalty 360) that’s why
18. leads who are contacted within 5 minutes are 9 times more likely to convert. (Inside Sales)
19. When you make a lead wait 10 minutes or more, the odds of qualifying them drops by 400%. (Hubspot)
20. Over 60% of customers will hang up if they are being put on hold for 1 minute or more. (Velaro)
21. Responding within the first minute increases lead conversions by 391%. (Xoombi)
22. 59% of customers say that quick resolution of the issue or question is an important aspect. (Loyalty 360)
23. 46% of marketers with well-planned lead management strategies have sales teams who follow up on more than 75% of leads. (Strategic IC)
24. 63.1% of customers prefer a callback, and 36.1% would rather wait on hold. (Software Advice)
25. 77% believe a phone call is the most effective way to get an answer quickly. (Windsor Telecom)
26. 59% of customers prefer to call because they want a quick answer, while 57% call because they want to talk to a real person. (Google)
27. 50% of leads will choose the business that responds first, (Hubspot) and
28. 78% of leads will buy from businesses who respond first (so you have to be faster than your competitor!). (Vendasta)
Lead distribution statistics
From all the stats we found so far, there’s no doubt that there’s a growing number of leads who expect quick responses from businesses. But how are you supposed to answer all leads in less than 5 minutes?
The answer: lead distribution software.
29. There is an 87% higher conversion rate when an automated lead distribution method is used. (Velocify)
30. Using multiple automated lead distribution methods improves conversion rates by up to 107%. (Velocify)
31. Automated lead distribution methods improve the percentage of leads called within five minutes by 91%. (Velocify)
33. 70% of the companies report that the most important benefit of automation technology is better-targeted customer communication. (Liana Technologies, 2017)
34. Automation is proven to boost sales productivity by 14.5% and reduce marketing overheads by 12.2%. (Nucleus Research)
35. Marketers say that the biggest benefits of automation are saving time (74%), increased customer engagement (68%), more timely communications (58%), and increased opportunities (58%). (Adestra)
Lead distribution software success statistics (by industry)
Lead distribution is not industry-specific. We’ve shown how various industries can use such software, and now we’re here to present you with the stats.
1. Travel industry
36. Tour agency EU Holidays has seen a 10% increase in sales response time and a 15% increase in conversion rates.
37. Corporate travel management software Supertripper saw a 50% increase in inbound calls.
38. Loola Adventure Resort saw a reduction in response time from 1 day to 30 seconds, and a 40% increase in the total number of calls received per day.
2. Financial services industry
39. Credit repair firm White Jacobs experienced a 600% increase in inbound calls, approximately 45% increase in conversions, and a 15% increase in revenue.
40. Validus increased their inbound calls by 36% and reduced their drop-off rate.
41. Fintech startup Finnable has seen a 25% improvement in its sales conversions and zero-lead leakage.
3. Education industry
42. WST Europia generates 40 new opportunities per month and saw a 25% reduction in time taken to reschedule calls with customers.
43. Beauty and wellness institution Bellus Academy has seen a 10% increase in conversion rates and a 60% reduction in their lead-to-enrolment time.
What do these statistics mean for you?
To sum up what these lead distribution statistics mean for you:
1. Your leads are very impatient and want to speak to a call rep ASAP.
2. Lead distribution software addresses this issue. If you’re not using it, you’re losing out.
3. These types of software are also flexible and work across industries.
4. And as you can see from the success statistics, they work.
Once you start bringing leads in, lead distribution helps you get most of the job done by automatically routing leads to the most qualified sales reps.
It’s 2020. If you’re still manually distributing leads, it’s time to ditch it and start using automated lead distribution tools.
Subscribe to our blog
Get insights & actionable advice read by thousands of professionals every week.
In this exclusive interview with Dana von der Heide, COO and co-founder of Parcel Perform, shares 3 lessons he learnt from Parcel Perform’s growth and where she thinks the logistics industry is headed.
Many seem to think that inbound calls are inherently superior. But is that really the case? Let’s examine this list of outbound call statistics to see if that is really the case.
What exactly is lead distribution? And can it benefit you? In this comprehensive guide, we discuss its definition, benefits, success metrics, and whether or not you should use it in your business operations.
Communication Enablement Technologies to Remove Business Friction